Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 3 April 2013

Info Post

Other evidence of 19th century just as surprising , the origins of the Fila Brasileiro . Here's the primary use of this dog out of the ordinary ... Lithograph of the dog that I think looks very close to the Fila Brasileiro current.

... This is a mastiff breed, crossed with the bloods hounds is due the origin of these horrible dogs of slave countries of America , the United Etas , Cuba, Brazil, they serve to hunt the negro maroon. I attended, on a plantation in Louisiana , the area of Baton Rouge , in an expedition like this, and JJE said seriously that if I did not have regard to the hospitality of the planter -Fairfax Lodge , I would be ambushed at the corner of a wood where we were looking for two "brown" and that I had made ​​good double shot on two monsters to four feet of the runway who were unhappy blacks.

I would just add that again - eighteen times out of twenty - dogs slaves returning empty handed at the kennel. [Extract from the book History of dogs of all breeds, Benedict Henry Révoil , 1867, page 115]

1 comments:

  1. Hello friend: I've been visiting your blog and I found "great", with good data.

    I would like to share with you and your readers more interesting information about the Fila Brasileiro dog breed.

    I hope you like my space "Dogs and Cats" and leave me a comment if you fancy.

    Greetings from Spain

    ReplyDelete